Role: IT Manager
Date Published 05/07/2021
We are a fully accredited Higher Education Institution specialising in the field of forensic science. Our goal is to bring together professionals in the field and students looking to build their careers in this field. We run an innovative and growing business with a highly dynamic team from across Europe.
We are looking for an IT Manager to join our team. You will join a core team of motivated and ambitious individuals with a shared goal to make an impact in our sector. Our international team and collaborators work from across Europe and globally, giving you a unique opportunity to build your skillset on an international stage.
As our IT Manager, you will work with an advance and up-to-date Learning Management System (Classter + MS Teams). Our team is keen on innovation, highly IT literate and open to support advanced, more efficient and effective technology. You will no doubt have the opportunity to make a positive impact on our digital landscape and develop your career including in the field of Digital Forensics.
You should have a passion for technology combined with practical experience and qualifications in the field. The following are our required skills and qualifications:
- Degree in Information Technology, software engineering, digital forensics or related fields
- Excellent problem-solving skills including trouble shooting and identifying the issue, proposing efficient and effective solutions and implementing solutions
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team environment as a consistent, dependable performer with an excellent work ethic
- Keen attention to detail, organised, efficient and proactive
- Strong time management skills and comfortable working to deadlines
- Proficient in O365 administration (Azure, Teams, Exchange, Security and compliance etc)
- Proficient in hosting management, email exchange and SSO
- Proficient in programming languages (especially PHP and Microsoft PowerShell)
- Practical understanding on IT security and policies
- Practical understanding of IT application on all aspect of business processes
- Ability to communicate succinctly and accurately in verbal and written English
- Right to work and based in Malta
Additional Skills and Qualifications (Desirable)
- 3-years previous experience in a similar role (candidates without previous experience will be considered for an IT Administrator role only)
- Practical understanding of the education business processes
- Strong interest in the field of Digital Forensics
- Additional language, especially Italian, French or German
- Manage all IT systems
- Procure and maintain all IT related hardware and software
- Perform all IT Administration tasks including user management
- Assist in optimising internal controls and processes
- Ensure IT policies are up to date and fit for purpose
- Ensure all IT security is up to date and fit for purpose
- Maintain, update and develop our website and social media channels as needed
- Support in business development where appropriate
Kindly complete the form below to apply for this position. Only successful candidates will be contacted.