BSc (Hons) in Forensic Sciences and Criminal Investigation
- Area: Forensic Science
- Academic Year of start: 2018/2019
- Duration: a full-time 3-year undergraduate programme following the European Qualification Framework (EQF)
- Final qualification: EQF Lv. 6
- Profession: Forensic Expert
- Accreditation: National Commission for Further and Higher Education (NCFHE) in Malta (EU member State)
- Language of the programme: English or Italian
- Delivery method: virtual classrooms and in-presence laboratory sessions
- Academic year: starts every Autumn
- Recognition in Italy: Associazione Nazionale Criminologi e Criminalisti (Registry of Ministry of Economic Development under Law 4/2013)
- Registration Fee: EUR 300,00 (non-refundable)
- Annual Tuition: EUR 4.700,00 for Academic Year 2020/2021
The educational activities are carried out as follow:
- Theory lessons: virtual classroom (live) with the lecturer on our online platform (EFI Digital Campus), attendance is compulsory;
- In-presence classrooms and laboratory sessions: the student must travel to Malta and attend the mandatory laboratory sessions (about two weeks each Term) at the EFI Campus (Malta Life Sciences Park);
- Exams, resits and final dissertation: in presence at the EFI Campus (Malta Life Sciences Park);
- Seminars (theory and/or practical), workshops and job-oriented trainings: in presence in Milan at our Italian partner ISF College Corporate University (only in Italian).
The Bachelor of Science (Hons) in Forensic Sciences and Criminal Investigation has been specifically designed for young talents who aim to work in the Forensic Sciences field (Criminalistics) and, more generally, as Forensic Investigations Experts. The Forensic Sciences are traditionally described as the application of scientific methodologies and technologies to the criminal investigations. However, over the past two decades, the forensic sciences field became a key actor in the framework of civil law matters, insurance companies and private businesses, thus the research of professional figures capable of bringing up the necessary competences to carry out a “forensic” investigation, even in those circumstances with no criminal relevance.
On an organizational and teaching level, the philosophy of the European Forensic Institute fully reflects the UK model-based universities, where the ultimate objective is to bring to the student to a level where he/she can apply what learned during the programme, which focuses on what is needed professionally and it’s applied during intensive laboratory sessions.
Being a student at the European Forensic Institute means acquiring knowledges and competences directly from the source, which means from the forensic practitioners that work on a day basis as experts in the field that teach. In fact, our lecturers are operative forensic consultants or researchers, giving the student the chance to interact with the lecturers that become not just mere teachers, but also “sources” and “guides”. In other words, being a student at the European Forensic Institute means “learning a job in the employment market”.
The European Forensic Institute is a prestigious Higher Education Institution based in Malta with a competitive educational offer in the Forensic Sciences field. This means the undergraduate degree can be used globally to pursue a career in this sector. Whoever wants to carry out the career as Forensic Experts practitioner in Italy, will be able to show to his/her clients (e.g.: Public Prosecutors, Courts, law firms, insurance companies) a unique background.
The Bachelor of Science (Hons) in Forensic Sciences and Criminal Investigation trains future experts that will be able to carry out their activities in the following fields:
- Judiciary (criminal and civil proceedings)
- Investigative (judicial police and private investigations)
- Insurance and banking sectors (e.g.: frauds)
- Private businesses (e.g.: prevention, security, anti-fraud)
- Private sector (any investigative activity)
The professional figure that EFI will to shape can also be employed by private investigation practices, law firms, test laboratories and forensic expert practices, insurance companies, banks, private companies and any situation that requires a highly-trained professional figure in the investigative, safety and defense fields.
The European Forensic Institute is based at the state-of-the-art Malta Life Sciences Park
Entry requirements (minimum)
- Maltese Matriculation Certification in relevant subjects (science and math are preferred) or international equivalent – EQF Level 4 (example: Italian High School Diploma with minimum grade 60/100)
- Two pure science subjects in Malta or international equivalent high school (EQF Level 3)
- Any international recognised English Level Certification (minimum Level CEFR B1)
On occasion and when deem necessary, we may require a short interview with potential students. This will be communicated in advance and performed virtually in our Digital Campus.
Contact us for further information about the entry requirements:
- Email: email@example.com
Our application process is performed online and is open to all. Students are required to fill in an application form and submit it to us alongside a copy of their certifications (if possible). Candidates can submit their application also in case they have not obtained the required certification(s), but they must obtain them and send any required document(s) before September 1st, each academic year. Our admission procedures ensure the fair and equitable treatment of all applicants with no exception. Once the Admission office has reviewed the applications, candidates will receive an official offer letter via email if they meet the entry requirements. To complete the enrolment process, it will be necessary to accept or decline the offer. In case the candidate accepts, the Institute will require a non-refundable registration fee (EUR 300,00) to ensure the student a place in our course. Any other information about the school, the payments and the process to complete the enrolment procedure will be communicated via email.
Registration fee (enrolment)
The registration fee is due upon acceptance of the offer for a place in our programme. This fee includes administrative cost associated with the enrolment process.
The annual tuition amount to EUR 4.700,00* per academic year. This fee includes teaching, access into our digital campus and digital library, assessments and laboratory sessions. This does not include travel and accommodation costs associated with participation in our laboratory sessions, as well as equipment and personal clothing (e.g.: lab coat).
(*Please note that annual tuition fee may be different for future academic year).
An instalment plan can be agreed upon. The student must provide for a sponsor, if he/she is dependent, that guarantees the payment of the annual tuition. For more information contact us:
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
The Application procedure to all our programmes is performed online.
Please download the Step-by-step Admission Procedure with useful instructions on how to enroll to our programmes and with information on the required documents to complete the application.
Click on the links below to start your application: